quinta-feira, dezembro 21, 2006

Fly like an eagle......without wings...

I try
To grasp infinity in my hand
I grab
The escaping light excruciatingly bright
And yet I lack
The sensitivity to know when you need to cry
Like an eagle
Fighting against the weight of the lamb
I struggle
Clap my wings trying to lift my troubled soul
Insufficiently
I get to stand, only an inch from the ground
Waiting
For an urge, that stream of power running through your heart
Bringing you forward
To levels you have never even dreamed of
Where you believe
You can do anything
And realise
Every deed your heart desires
Every bit
Of your soul is thrilled with
Happiness
And finally all your illusions are gone
Turned true
They're real, just for you
And in the end
The eagle finally flew...


I wrote this one following some advice from my "personal critic", I overrun the "rule" that states poetry must rhyme, but I couldn't yet be abstract. Still, I think it turned out ok, considering it's just a sketch, an incursion in a new type of writing.

Melancholic Soul
12/12/2006

Sem comentários: